Originally, this procedure was performed under general anesthesia using large cannulas. Although this traditional form of liposuction is performed to the present day, many patients opt for the safer technique known as tumescent microcannular liposuction. In this procedure, the patient does not need to be put to sleep or made unconscious. Instead, the surgeon uses a very dilute mixture of lidocaine, which is instilled into the areas to be treated. Fat in those areas is removed through very small holes called addits, which generally range in size from two to four millimeters. The small cannulas used in this procedure are termed microcannulas because they are much smaller than the ones used in traditional liposuction procedures.
An important aspect of this form of liposuction is that the patient remains awake during the entire procedure thus reducing the risks associated with general anesthesia. In addition, the recovery time following the procedure is much less. Most patients can return to work in one to two days.
The microcannula liposuction technique can be further enhanced by laser lipolysis. Using this technique, surgeons are able to improve the outcome for the patient. At Southeastern Dermatology Consultants, Dr. Doppelt uses the SmartLipo laser to provide his patients with the best outcome. SmartLipo was the first laser approved by the FDA for laser lyposis. Through the use of this laser, the removal process of the fat from a patient becomes much easier and it improves contraction of the skin following the procedure as well. In addition, the results tend to be much smoother than with a traditional liposuction procedure.
Patients have often ask how much weight they will lose from the procedure. Dr. Doppelt explains that liposuction is not a weight loss procedure but more of a body sculpting one.
It's important that patients know that liposuction can treat virtually any area of their body. The most commonly treated areas include the abdomen, love handles, thighs, arms, and neck. Troublesome areas like 'bra fat', knees, and male breasts can also be treated effectively with the micro cannula liposuction technique.
Dr. Doppelt has been performing this life-changing procedure for over three years now. If you want to experience that amazing change, contact Southeastern Dermatology Consultants now!
- Cost of Liposuction Knoxville - Knoxville area patients ask about the cost of liposuction
- Laser Lipo Reviews Knoxville - Knoxville dermatologist reviews the benefits of laser lipo
- SmartLipo Cost and Reviews Knoxville, TN - Knoxville, TN area dermatologist reviews the cost and expectations of SmartLipo
- Benefits of Liposuction Knoxville, TN - What are the benefits of liposuction for Knoxville, TN area patients?
- Smart Lipo Weight Loss Knoxville - Knoxville area patients ask if Smart Lipo is for weight loss
- Laser Liposuction Knoxville - Knoxville area dermatologist describes laser liposuction with SmartLipo
- Laser Liposuction Cost Knoxville - Knoxville area dermatologist discusses the cost of laser liposuction
- Liposuction Cost in Knoxville - What is the cost of liposuction for patients in the Knoxville area?
- Slim Lipo Knoxville - Knoxville area dermatologist describes the benefits of Slim Lipo
- SlimLipo Knoxville - Knoxville area dermatologist describes SlimLipo
- Body Sculpting Knoxville - How Knoxville area can enjoy body sculpting with liposuction
- Liposuction Doctor Knoxville TN - Methods of fat removal with Knoxville, TN liposuction doctor
- Smart Lipo Knoxville - What is SmartLipo?
- Liposuction of Knoxville - How is a Liposuction Candidate Determined?
- Fat Removal Knoxville - Who Can Benefit from Liposuction?
- Liposuction Knoxville - What is Liposuction?
- Liposuction Knoxville TN - Who is a viable candidate for liposuction with Knoxville TN dermatologist?
- Laser Lipo Knoxville - What is laser lipo from Knoxville dermatologists?
- Knoxville Liposuction - What is an alternative to traditional liposuction for Knoxville area patients?