Botox for men is trending. The number of men getting Botox has increased year over year. A competitive advantage in the workplace is one reason why. A man’s appearance can be as important a factor in self-esteem and vitality as a woman’s can. There is increased pressure in personal and professional settings to look younger. A more youthful and energized appearance can exude competence and confidence.
Botox for men has become increasingly popular. According to Allergan, the makers of Botox Cosmetic, the number of men receiving cosmetic treatments overall has risen by 325% over the last 20 years. And the number of men specifically choosing treatments like Botox Cosmetic has also risen fast – in the past three years alone, men have received over one million botox treatments.
Botox For Men, Too
Botox works by temporarily relaxing the facial muscles that cause wrinkles by blocking the nerve synapses from firing. However, Botox, when treated by someone who is licensed, trained, and a medical expert in facial anatomy, will not make men look unnatural, frozen or overdone. Botox Cosmetic delivers subtle results so patients will look like themselves—only with less noticeable lines. No one should be able to tell you’ve had anything done.
- Results within a few days of treatment that last for three months or more
- Disappearance of frown lines, or glabellar lines, between the eyebrows
- Smoother skin around the eyes, eliminating crow’s feet
- Little or no discomfort or recovery period
Before Treatment, Consider This:
- The first and most important consideration is the physician and practice.
- Does the physician personally perform the procedure or does he or she provide oversight alone?
- Side effects can occasionally occur. Consult with a board certified dermatologist prior to treatment.
- Costs for the procedures can vary. Don’t assume that the least expensive is the best option. Read online reviews and consider the value of medical training, certifications and years of hands on experience.
Dr. Matthew Doppelt, a Board-certified dermatologist, and his professional team focus on patient-centered care. Trust Southeastern Dermatology to understand and help you to achieve your ultimate results. Appointments may be scheduled online or by calling (865) 474-8800. Southeastern Dermatology has two convenient locations: 1930 Pinnacle Pointe Way, Knoxville 37922 and 7323 Chapman Highway, Knoxville 37920.