Many of us have experienced the frustration of not being able to rid ourselves from unwanted fat despite dieting and exercising. Patients seeking a solution to stubborn fat have a revolutionary new option. SculpSure, the first FDA cleared, non-invasive laser lipolysis treatment, is designed to create a permanent, visible reduction in hard-to-slim areas in just a single treatment. Southeastern Dermatology is the first dermatology office in Tennessee to offer this revolutionary treatment.
What is SculpSure?
SculpSure is a state-of-the-art solution that relies on controlled laser technology. According to information from studies performed by the manufacturer, Cynosure, one 25-minute SculpSure treatment can reduce fat in target areas by up to 24 percent. For patients, this means SculpSure offers a quick, easy, almost-painless solution to a lifetime of insecurities.
The innovative technology behind SculpSure is based on heating targeted fat cells to the point of permanent destruction (apoptosis). The body’s immune system then takes over and removes the damaged cells. Over the ensuing 6 to 12 weeks, the treated areas will shrink to their new shape. For patients, this means a quick and simple end to stubborn fat.
Why Choose SculpSure?
While there are several other non-invasive fat removal devices on the market, SculpSure sets itself apart from the others in several important aspects:
- SculpSure is very efficient. Each SculpSure treatment lasts 25 minutes from start to finish. Meanwhile other similar treatments, including CoolSculpting, last 60 minutes and often longer. The short treatment time means that a patient could literally come in for a treatment over their lunch hour and return to work without any disruption in their schedule.
- SculpSure also offers the advantage of being a relatively painless procedure. Most patients feel a tingling sensation intermittently throughout the treatment which is generally well-tolerated.
- Fat cells treated with the SculpSure laser are heated to 42 to 47 degrees Celsius or 107 to 116 degrees Fahrenheit – just a little warmer than a hot shower. These temperatures do not damage the skin (which is actually further protected by contact cooling) and can be used on virtually any skin type.
- SculpSure is highly customizable and just about any area of the body can be treated. There is also not a minimum amount of fat required for the treatment as there is with CoolSculpting.
- Studies suggest that SculpSure has a 90 percent patient satisfaction rate and its RealSelf.com rating is 100% at the time of this writing.
As a board-certified dermatologist with more than a decade of experience in Knoxville, I can help you develop a body sculpting treatment plan to help you feel confident in your own skin. For more information about SculpSure and other treatment options, request an appointment online or call (865) 474-8800 to schedule an appointment.