Many of us have experienced the frustration of not being able to rid ourselves from unwanted fat despite dieting and exercising. Patients seeking a solution to stubborn fat have a revolutionary new option. SculpSure, the first FDA cleared, non-invasive laser lipolysis treatment, is designed to create a permanent, visible reduction in hard-to-slim areas. Southeastern Dermatology was the first dermatology office in Tennessee to offer this revolutionary treatment.
Warmsculpting with SculpSure addresses stubborn areas of fat on the body without incisions, stitches, or surgery. By heating the tissue below the skin... More →Shop Now
What is SculpSure?
SculpSure is a state-of-the-art solution that relies on controlled laser technology. According to information from studies performed by the manufacturer, Cynosure, one 25-minute treatment can reduce fat in target areas by up to 24 percent. For patients, this means a quick, easy, almost-painless solution to a lifetime of insecurities. Just about any area of the body can be treated with SculpSure. In July 2019, the SculpSure Submental Petite mask was cleared by the FDA for removal of fat under the chin as well as skin tightening. Southeastern Dermatology is excited to announce that they are the first provider in the Knoxville area to offer this amazing treatment.
The innovative technology behind this procedure is based on heating targeted fat cells to the point of permanent destruction (apoptosis). The body’s immune system then takes over and removes the damaged cells. Over the ensuing 6 to 12 weeks, the treated areas will shrink to their new shape. For patients, this means a quick and simple end to stubborn fat. While one treatment per area may be sufficient, we suggest two treatments for the best results.
Why Choose SculpSure?
While there are several other non-invasive fat removal devices on the market, SculpSure sets itself apart from the others in several important aspects:
- SculpSure is very efficient. Each SculpSure treatment lasts 25 minutes from start to finish. Meanwhile other similar treatments, including CoolSculpting, may last 60 minutes or longer. The short treatment time means that a patient could literally come in for a treatment over their lunch hour and return to work without any disruption in their schedule.
- SculpSure also offers the advantage of being a relatively painless procedure. Most patients feel a tingling sensation intermittently throughout the treatment which is generally well-tolerated.
- Fat cells treated with the SculpSure laser are heated to 42 to 47 degrees Celsius or 107 to 116 degrees Fahrenheit – just a little warmer than a hot shower. These temperatures do not damage the skin (which is actually further protected by contact cooling) and can be used on virtually any skin type but permanently destroy the fat.
- SculpSure is highly customizable and just about any area of the body can be treated. There is also not a minimum amount of fat required for the treatment as there is with CoolSculpting.
- Studies suggest that SculpSure has a 90 percent patient satisfaction rate and its RealSelf.com rating is 90% at the time of this writing.
As a board-certified dermatologist with more than a decade of experience in Knoxville, Dr. Doppelt and his team can help you develop a body sculpting treatment plan to help you feel confident in your own skin. For more information about SculpSure and other treatment options, request an appointment online or call (865) 474-8800 to schedule an appointment.