Certified Medical Assistant
Description Of Role:
Candidates for this position must be certified and possess great time management and organizational skills. Professional appearance and phone etiquette required. We are looking for people with a positive attitude, willingness to learn, willingness to support the team and aim to provide excellent care to all patients. Schedule is five days per week, up to nine hours per day. $14.00 – $16.00 per hour.
- Assisting provider in clinic with patient care including:
- Preparing the patient to be seen by the provider and gather history prior to presenting to provider.
- Assisting the provider with the exam by charting items dictated by provider.
- Assist with and set up for all procedures during the exam.
- Be able to further educate patients on skin cancer, eczema, acne, etc.
- Give patient prescriptions/samples and escort them to check out.
- Staying abreast of current medication rebates
- ED & C
- Patch Test Placement
- Surgical procedures including frozen sections, regular and cosmetic
- Cosmetic: Botox/Fillers/Chemical peels
Skills & Requirements:
- Current Medical Assistant Certification is required
- Basic computer skills, able to type at least 60 wpm required, and phone etiquette required
- Previous dermatology experience preferred
- Holiday and PTO
- Health insurance
- Longevity bonus
Description Of Role:
The Radiation Therapist is a registered and licensed professional who is responsible for providing radiation therapy to patient’s in accordance with the physician’s prescription.
- Verifies and administers prescribed doses of radiation to the specific sites in accordance with the prescription defined by the Dermatologist.
- Positions patients for treatment with accuracy according to the prescription.
- Enter data into the computer and set controls to operate and adjust equipment and
- regulate dosage in accordance to the prescription.
- Conduct most treatment sessions independently and under the general direction of the
- patient’s physician.
- Assist the Dermatologist in localization and simulation and documentation of the lesion
- to be treated.
- Photograph treatment areas of the patient and document.
- Check for side effects of the skin such as skin irritation, erythema, blistering, moist
- desquamation and report to the Dermatologist.
- Prepare and construct custom protection devices for patient treatment.
- Educate, prepare and reassure patients and their families by answering questions,
- providing physical assistance and reinforcing physicians advice regarding treatment
- reactions and post-treatment care.
- Performs daily warm-up and QA of the SRT machine prior to the start of treatments
- each day as prescribed by the manufacturer.
- Follow principles of radiation protection for the patient, self and others.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- When not performing job duties as RTT, covers as a medical assistant in clinic setting
- RTT Board Certification
- Graduate of a Regionally Accredited Program for Radiation Therapy, is ARRT certified in Radiation Therapy R.T. and licensed by the state in which they will be working when applicable.
- Strong verbal, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Effective analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong time management skills, as well as excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to work with a team.
Please email a resume and coverletter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will follow up with you via email. Thanks!