Certified Medical Assistant
Description Of Role:
Candidates for this position must be certified and possess great time management and organizational skills. Professional appearance and phone etiquette required. We are looking for people with a positive attitude, willingness to learn, willingness to support the team and aim to provide excellent care to all patients. Schedule is five days per week, up to nine hours per day. $14.00 – $16.00 per hour.
- Assisting provider in clinic with patient care including:
- Preparing the patient to be seen by the provider and gather history prior to presenting to provider.
- Assisting the provider with the exam by charting items dictated by provider.
- Assist with and set up for all procedures during the exam.
- Be able to further educate patients on skin cancer, eczema, acne, etc.
- Give patient prescriptions/samples and escort them to check out.
- Staying abreast of current medication rebates
- ED & C
- Patch Test Placement
- Surgical procedures including frozen sections, regular and cosmetic
- Cosmetic: Botox/Fillers/Chemical peels
Skills & Requirements:
- Current Medical Assistant Certification is required
- Basic computer skills, able to type at least 60 wpm required, and phone etiquette required
- Previous dermatology experience preferred
- Holiday and PTO
- Health insurance
- Longevity bonus
Description of Role:
Our thriving dermatology practice needs a Medical Check-out coordinator who can take over the administrative duties involved with coordinating and scheduling patient and physician schedules as well as patient check-in, check-out and office organization. We’re looking for a professional who believes that patients should be treated as people rather than numbers in a file, and who understands the value of compassionate service. This is the face of our practice. The job includes significant amounts of multi-tasking, but the ideal candidate will know when to slow down, look patients in the eye and provide personalized service. Must be willing/able to travel to satellite office on a weekly basis.
- Process payments from patients for co-pays and uninsured visits
- Schedule appointments for new and recurring patients based on Physician and PA/NP availability
- Responsible for selling product
- Maintain hard copy patient records as well as the files stored in our EHR
- Call patients to remind them of upcoming appointments and to help them schedule testing for off-site services
- Act as a back-up to answer multi-line phones and either direct the caller to the appropriate party or handle the caller’s needs yourself
- Provide patients with support and guidance as needed
Skills and Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED required (Associate degree preferred)
- 3+ years’ recent experience in medical office administration
- Familiarity with EMR a plus
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks based on importance
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will follow up with you via email. Thanks!