Your skin is the only organ in your body that is directly exposed to the elements, in contact with toxins, and endless potentially damaging sharp or abrasive objects. Naturally, skin problems are quite common, ranging from temporary irritation to potentially deadly cancer. Sometimes it can be difficult to tell if your skin condition is something minor to be ignored, or if you need to see your Knoxville dermatologist, Dr. Matthew Doppelt.
In most cases, even minor skin irritation should be checked by a professional dermatologist. Despite its role as protector of the internal body, skin is delicate. Sometimes a minor problem is no more than a slight allergic reaction; in this case, your dermatologist can help you identify the irritant, so you can avoid it before your allergy becomes worse. At times, serious conditions begin with mild symptoms, which need to be diagnosed and treated.
Below are symptoms of some of the skin problems Dr. Doppelt can help you with
- Acne – Pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, and sometimes cysts.
- Rosacea – Increasing redness of the face, pimples, uneven skin surface, and red lines in the face.
- Plaque psoriasis – Inflamed areas covered with a scaly crust, pitted or crumbling fingernails, afflicted areas bleed easily if scratched.
- Eczema – Itching, flaky skin, blotchy or red areas, blisters, and cracking.
- Fungal infection – Peeling, blistering, redness, burning or itching sensation, and skin deterioration.
- Cysts – Slowly growing, usually painless, fluid filled pockets.
- Hives – Suddenly appearing bumps or plaques, often accompanied by severe itching.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you should come see Dr. Doppelt at Southeastern Dermatology. However, it is important to remember that the above list is far from all-inclusive. It only touches on a few of the most common symptoms of a few very common conditions. If your skin is not healthy and radiant, there is a reason. Dr. Doppelt can help you discover what it is, and provide treatment for nearly any condition. For the sake of your health, comfort, and appearance call us today!