For your convenience, Southeastern Dermatology is now offering patient care through safe and secure online TeleHealth visits. This “virtual” visit mirrors an in-office appointment with the dermatology providers you trust, all from the comfort, safety, and convenience of your home.
Our online TeleHealth visits make access to our dermatology providers easier, faster, and more convenient than ever for our patients. We can consult online for many skin, hair, and nail conditions.
Benefits of TeleHealth Visits:
- Consult with our board-certified dermatologist Dr. Matthew Doppelt or dermatologic nurse practioner Debbie Connatser online – during normal clinic hours.
- Set up an online dermatology visit for yourself, your child, or another dependent.
- Get a personalized treatment plan during your TeleHealth Visit.
- Have prescriptions sent electronically to your preferred pharmacy.
- Medicare and most insurances cover TeleHealth visits.
- Our aesthetic team is also available for cosmetic consultations.
How To Get Started:
1. Call us at (865) 474-8800. You’ll be asked for some information to set you up for a TeleHealth visit. Our team will send you an email that will provide instructions on how to download and access the PocketPatient™ Application.
2. Once PocketPatient has been downloaded, return to the link sent to your email to set your password for the PocketPatient™ Application. Make a note of the email and password you chose/used, as the email and password will also access your Patient Portal. Patients who were not previously set up to access Patient Portal will receive a Portal Welcome email at time of Telehealth initiation.
3. Log in to PocketPatient™ with the following information:
- Practice URL: southeastderm.ema.md
- Username: the confirmed email when scheduling the TeleHealth Visit.
- Password: your newly created password
4. Grant access and permissions. Once you have logged in to PocketPatient™ make sure that you have granted access for push notifications and camera use for PocketPatient™.
Q: What if I need a skin biopsy or in-office procedure?
A: If your doctor determines an in-office procedure is needed, please contact our staff to schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Additional visit costs or insurance claims will apply.
Q: Are my personal health information and photos kept confidential?
A: Yes! Our online dermatology care platform is secure and 100% HIPAA and HITECH compliant.
Q: Does insurance cover this service?
A: Medicare and most insurance plans cover online care.